4 tablespoons Garlic Olive Oil
16 ounces Ground Beef
½ White Onion (diced)
1 Celery Rib (diced)
1 Carrot (diced)
1 ¼ Cups Red Wine
14 ounces Crushed or Pureed Tomatoes
1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
2 tablespoons Italian Seasoning Olive Oil
2 tablespoons Basil Olive Oil
1 tablespoon Kosher Salt
1 tablespoon Ground Black Pepper
¼ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
1 Bay Leaf
½ Cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
1 Package of Pappardelle Pasta
- Saute onion in 2 tbsp of garlic olive oil over medium heat until onion starts to soften, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add carrot and celery. Cook until softened, an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Add beef. Brown until no pink remains. Drain fat.
- Add wine and simmer until mostly evaporated, 10-15 minutes.
- Add cream and simmer until reduced by half. About 7-10 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce, remaining olive oils. Place bay leaf in top of sauce with stem sticking up (for easier removal later).
- Cover and simmer until thickened, about 30 minutes.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
- While sauce is simmering, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Combine sauce with pasta noodles and use reserved pasta water to thin out sauce if necessary.
- Serve hot with Parmesan Cheese on top.